Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5) is a popular open-world action-adventure game that allows players to explore a vast virtual world filled with various activities. One such activity is swimming, which can be a crucial skill to have. In this article, we provided you with a detailed guide on how to swim in GTA 5 PC using a keyboard & mouse. For GTA 5 PC, Full Keyboard Controls for Swimming are given below in very easy language. Check it fast.
Keyboard Button used on this page
Mouse button used on this page
By default Swiming Keyboard Controls
Here are the full keyboard controls for swimming in GTA 5 on PC
First of all, approach water bodies such as a beach, river, or swimming pool, and walk or run into it. Your character will automatically start swimming.
1. Basic Swimming Controls:
- W: Press and hold the “W” button to move forward while swimming.
- S: Press and hold the “S” button to move backward or slow down while swimming.
- A: Press and hold the “A” button to move left while swimming.
- D: Press and hold the “D” button to move right while swimming.
2. Changing Direction of Player:
- Move your mouse in the desired direction to change Camera View. Press and Hold Any Direction button from these – W,S,A,D and Move your Mouse in the desired direction to change the direction of your character while swimming.
3. Swimming UP and Down
- Go inside/down/Dive in water – by Pressing single time – Space button.
- To swim up – Press & hold – Left Shift button and S button at the same time, Once you do that, your character will start swimming upwards.
- To Swim Faster Under the water, Press & Hold Left Shift + Press and Hold any Direction buttons from these – ( W,S,A,D) & Mouse for going in any direction.
4. Swim UnderWater
- Go inside the water by pressing – Space button.
- After Use W,S,A,D button for direction changing and also use mouse for direction changing and seeing around us.
- Press and Hold left shift button to Move forward.
- Press and hold – Direction buttons –W,S,A,D & Press and Hold left shift button to Move in any direction. Example – To Come up, Simply Press & hold – S + Left Shift. In the same way , to Go deeper ,Simply Press & hold – W + Left Shift.
5. Move Faster or normally over the water and underwater
- To Move Faster – Press & Hold only the Left Shift to move forward as well as you can Press and Hold any Direction buttons from these – ( W,S,A,D) & Mouse for going in any direction and maintaining direction.
- To Move Normal – You can press Directional buttons ( W,S,A,D) & Mouse inside the water to move in any direction, but you can move left and right easily by pressing A for left and D for right but for Up and Down, you may need to Press Left shift button along with S button for moving Upward and W button for moving Downward under the water.
Over the water
- To Move Faster – Press & Hold Left Shift as well as any direction button from these – ( W,S,A,D) & Mouse for going in any direction.
- To Move Normal – Simply Press and Hold the Directional button from these – (W,S,A,D) & Mouse for moving in any direction as well as you can use the mouse to change Direction.
6. Underwater Actions:
- Left Mouse Button: Press the left mouse button to attack underwater.
- Use a knife as an attack tool: underwater and over the water, only you can use a knife as a weapon for protection. Simply Take a knife like other weapons, Or simply You Press Tab button on the keyboard to get a knife.
- Press the Left click on the mouse to attack. You can also Press the R button on the keyboard for the attack.
7. Over the water Actions:
Similar to underwater controls. you can use knife, Simply Press R button on keyboard to attack or you also right click on mouse for attack.
It’s important to note that You can’t stay underwater forever. while swimming in GTA 5, you have to keep your eyes on your character’s stamina meter. A light blue meter you can see Just below the minimap, Right side of the Health meter.
once it runs out, your character will begin to lose health very quickly. To replenish your stamina meter, you have to swim up and Come over the surface of the water for a few moments. Then again you can go under the water but again keep your eyes on the stamina meter, before ending the meter, must come over the surface of the water.
Swimming in GTA 5 not only allows you to explore underwater environments but also provides a means of escape when being pursued by enemies or the police. It’s a valuable skill that can greatly enhance your gaming experience.
So, the next time when you find yourself in the water of GTA 5 PC, refer back to this guide for full keyboard controls for swimming.