If your mouse is not working in the GTA Vice City game on the PC (Windows 10/7/8/XP) platform, then you just need to put a single file (DINPUT8.DLL) in your game folder to fix the problem. The step-by-step guide is provided below.
Note: This trick works only in GTA Vice City but not in – GTA Vice City definitive edition.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is an original version of an open-world action-adventure game that has hooked fans since its initial release in 2002. However, at present, the game is in the category of old games, which may give you difficulties on present-day PCs, such as the mouse not working properly. If you are having this problem, don’t worry; just check out our step-by-step instructions for resolving it.
A list of all mouse problems after starting the game:
- I am unable to look around.
- Not moving the camera view when I move my mouse.
- Clicks are also not working in the game. (I am unable to click on any option.) The mouse arrow is moving, but when I click on Options, nothing happens.
- Download – DINPUT8.DLL
- Go there, where you downloaded – DINPUT8.DLL file.
- Now copy DINPUT8.DLL
- Go inside the game folder and paste it there.
- Start the game.
- Problem Fixed. Enjoy!!!
- Mainly due to a lack of the Dinput8.dll file.
- Issues with compatibility: GTA VC was built for earlier Windows operating systems. When running the game on recent versions of Windows, compatibility difficulties may emerge, resulting in mouse troubles.
- Missing any file leads to various issues, including mouse problems.
I know you came here because you have an old GTA VC, but you are facing an issue related to the mouse.
The issue can be frustrating, but it’s usually solvable by following the steps outlined in this article.
Once you have followed the step-by-step guide according to this article, your problem will be solved. If this trick is not working for you, just comment below.
Well, this problem actually does not arise when you download the game from an authentic source, i.e., from the online store, Steam, Epic Games, official Rockstar games, etc.
However, officially, you can’t buy the old version of this game because it’s an upgraded version that was officially launched. On the upgraded version of the game, there is no such problem.
Get this file – Dinput8.dll of version- 126.96.36.1990 and paste it into your game to fix the problem.
Mainly due to a lack of Dinput8.dll or because the game is not compatible with the newest version of the operating system (Windows 10, 11, etc.).